In this article I'm going to tell you how to end bad breath, at home, using up only a few minutes of your day. If you know what it's like to suffer from bad breath, then you owe it to yourself to try this...
This remedy is something that I heard about quite a while ago and used to help combat my own bad breath. I thought it was somewhat common knowledge in chronic bad breath sufferers, so I never wrote about it until now.
However, upon speaking with some of my readers lately, I found out that there are actually many people suffering from bad breath right now who could actually benefit from this! So, without further delay, here is how to end bad breath from the comfort of your own home (no uncomfortable and unhelpful dentist visits!)
Here are the ingredients for this bad breath home remedy - you ready?
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide (3% USP)
- Water (Distilled or purified water preferred, but not necesarry)
- Salt (sea salt preferred, but standard table salt will do just fine)
- Tongue Scraper
That's not such a bad list, is it? Chances are, you probably already have these ingredients! Yay!
Now, let me tell you how to create your little fresh breath potion.
- Brush and floss your teeth, and use the tongue scraper to clean your tongue. Cleaning your tongue prior to this remedy is vital, so don't skip it. I do not recommend that you use most commercial mouthwashes, as they contain drying agents and contribute to bad breath. I do, however, recommend the TheraBreath Oral Rinse.
- Mix one part salt water with one part hydrogen peroxide. For those who are not accustomed to reading directions, what this means is that the solution will be 50% water, 50% hydrogen peroxide.
- Use this concoction as a mouthwash. Swish it around there real good for about three minutes (or as long as you can stand it). Make sure to pay particular attention to the area in the back of your tongue and the side of your mouth. For the last 30 seconds, gargle the hydrogen peroxide and water combination.
- Make use of the baking soda. There are a few ways that you can do this, as I don't have this part down to an exact science. Usually, I just eyeball a little bit of baking soda (about a teaspoon maybe) and mix it with a little bit of water. Then I swish that around in my mouth for another couple of minutes. Alternatively, you can just use the baking soda to brush your teeth and (especially) your tongue.
That's it. That's the bad breath remedy. I didn't go into too much detail about why this actually works because the technical aspects of what causes halitosis are covered extensively in other articles on this website.
However, let me just give you a quick idea: bad breath is caused by volatile sulfur compounds that are created by a natural bacteria living in your mouth. These bacteria thrive in environments that are low in oxygen and that are high in acidity. The peroxide and baking soda both work to change the conditions and overall climate of your mouth. As a bonus, this combination will also work to sterilzie your mouth (I successfully used it to treat an infection in a broken wisdom tooth while waiting for a dentist appointment to come up) and can even whiten your teeth.
I apologize if you've already heard of this baking soda and peroxide remedy before, but it really does help many people keep their breath much fresher throughout the day than just traditional means of oral care, so I thought it'd be helpful to a lot of people if I shared this here.
Personally, this method alone isn't exactly enough to completely end my bad breath. It only helps. I do suffer from some fairly bad chronic bad breath however, and what I find works for me is a commercial product called TheraBreath.
Try the free remedy first, and if it's enough for you, then great. If not, then check TheraBreath out. Yes, it costs money so it's not as ideal as a free method, but I have a way that you can get a "free trial" for TheraBreath (you only pay a small shipping and handling charge for the trial), so it's a win-win.
Click the link below to get access to the free trial:
TheraBreath - Free Trial
Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to join the FREE Chronic Bad Breath Cure Club below so I can keep you up to date with the latest working techniques for conquering bad breath.
Need Help Getting Rid of Your Bad Breath for Good?
Sign up for the FREE Bad Breath Cure Club, and I'll do everything I can to help give you fresh breath that lasts all day long.
Just use your First Name, Primary Email then click the “Fresh Breath Now!” button to enter.